This article explains what to do if you have a batch that can't post from SAM to Xero because there is an error about the description field
To check unposted batches - go to the System menu then choose Xero GL Batches
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Find the invoice number and posting.
- 2. Confirm what the Description should have been.
- 3. Fix the Xero Batch so it can post
- 4. Check the part set-up
The error message might look like this:
16290 ACCREC **Error** The description field is mandatory for each line item.
Every line on a Xero Batch needs to have a Description
1. Find the invoice number and posting.
2. Confirm what the Description should have been.
3. Fix the Xero Batch so it can post
Click on the Post Batch button to send the invoice through to Xero:
And choose Yes to send the invoice through to Xero:
The batch should post to Xero and no longer display under Unposted - you will now see it under the Posted and All tabs - and it will have a Posted Date and Time:
4. Check the part set-up
We do this to ensure it doesn't happen continuously
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Our Support team are here to help, you can reach us by submitting a support ticket